The empty Easter baskets were set out and Troy and I would anxiously await Easter weekend. As it approached, preparations were made around the house. My mom would set the table with her pink napkins and Easter napkin rings. She even had vintage pink glasses to set out with the good dishes. She and I would plan our Easter outfits, and sometimes that meant a new dress! One spring we got to walk downtown and pick out an Easter dress at the little children's shop. I picked out a white, eyelet "Gunne Sax" dress with a matching bow and I thought I had died and gone to heaven! That was a splurge that I didn't get very often!
The week before Easter weekend all the supplies would be gathered to dye and decorate our eggs and as we got older the decorations became more involved. We were as happy as at Christmas time when we would go to bed and couldn't wait to wake up and see what treats the Easter Bunny had left in our baskets! When we got up Easter morning, we would tear into our baskets with such delight! Chocolate was always allowed for breakfast on such an occasion.
1. Click on the SHOP tab at the top of this page.
2. Search through each category by clicking on each product and looking for the hidden Easter eggs in the product images!
3. When you find an Easter egg image, write down the product name in which you found it under.
4. Once you have found all 8 Easter egg images, email us a list of the product names where you found them! (email@example.com)
5. The first person to correctly submit the location of all 8 Easter egg images will receive the grand prize - $50.00 off your next purchase at The Southern Mercantile! The runner up will receive $25.00 off their next purchase!
All other players who submit the location of the Easter eggs by April 15th will be entered to win a $25.00 off coupon as well! Ready, set, go!