The first step in our renovation process was to begin tearing out the existing walls. We wanted to do this for a number of reasons, the two most important ones being to make it more energy efficient and give it a more updated look. As we removed the first layer, we discovered bead board was what was hiding beneath it. This was a happy surprise due to hopes that we would be able to use some of the original walls!
The very next weekend, we diligently started on the living room side of the fireplace. This is when it really started looking dramatic!
After spending a lot of time (days upon days) tearing out and carrying load after load to the dumpster, this project was such a fun encouragement. It was a simple and quiet reminder that the best is yet to come. It's little finds like this along the way that make the aching bones and restless nights worth it.
I can't wait to share another update with you soon. I think I'll take you on a tour of the walls! I'll tell you more about the beautifully colored strips of bead board you see above and what we have planned for them.
Check out more Beech Street Bungalow renovation stories here!